About The Riviera

Front_of-The-Rivieria
Located in Chicago’s historic Uptown theater district, at the intersection of Racine, Broadway and Lawrence the Riviera Theatre is a central part of the Chicago’s past and present.

Completed in 1917 by architects George and C.W. Rapp (Rapp & Rapp), it was built as a movie theater for the Balaban & Katz chain. Transformed into a private nightclub in 1986, the Riviera Theatre is now one of Chicago’s premier concert and special events venues.

The Riviera has hosted many of the world’s greatest performers and entertainers throughout the years and is also available for private functions. Its grand design and beauty make it a perfect location for a variety of events.