Located in Chicago’s historic Uptown theater district, at the intersection of Racine, Broadway and Lawrence the Riviera Theatre is a central part of the Chicago’s past and present.
Completed in 1917 by architects George and C.W. Rapp (Rapp & Rapp), it was built as a movie theater for the Balaban & Katz chain. Transformed into a private nightclub in 1986, the Riviera Theatre is now one of Chicago’s premier concert and special events venues.
The Riviera has hosted many of the world’s greatest performers and entertainers throughout the years and is also available for private functions. Its grand design and beauty make it a perfect location for a variety of events.
– Tickets for the majority of events can be found on ticketfly.com. Please be aware that a convenience fee will be charged online and over the phone.
– Tickets may be purchased without a convenience fee at The Vic Theater’s box office, which is located at 3145 N Sheffield.
– You may purchase tickets for public shows at the theater’s box office on the day of the show only, if they are available. Our box office opens when the doors open on the day of the show.
– All ticket sales are final.
– Please beware of purchasing tickets from a third party or ticket re-seller. Ticketfly.com is the only authorized online seller for Riviera Theatre shows. We cannot guarantee the validity of tickets purchased elsewhere and you risk being denied admission. There are no refunds and/or exchanges if your ticket is found to be fraudulent.
– There is an ATM inside the theater.
– Restrooms are located in the basement, accessible from the main floor lobby.
– There is a handicapped-accessible restroom in the main floor lobby.
– The theater is entirely non-smoking.
– Beverages are available for purchase – Visa, Mastercard and American Express are accepted at select bars.
– There is no food available for purchase. No outside food or drink may be brought into the theater.
– For most weather appropriate shows, a coat check is available and is located in the basement by the Women’s restroom.
– We have partnered with ParqEx to provide a convenient parking lot a few blocks from the theater. Click here to sign up and recieve $5 off your first parking spot. Make sure to select the lot at 5051 N Broadway.
– All shows are completely general admission, unless otherwise noted.
– There are fixed theater seats in our balcony that are first come, first served.
– The main floor is standing only, unless otherwise noted.
– There is an area set aside on the main floor for those with disabilities. Please call 773-275-6800 on the day of the show if you require handicap seating.
– Please arrive early, especially for sold out shows, for the best view possible.
– Security personnel will check IDs and bags before entering the venue. This can take some time to enter, so please arrive early.
– Bags will be searched upon entry. Please note the following prohibited items: oversized bags or backpacks, any weapons, selfie sticks, large umbrellas, cameras with an external flash or detachable lenses, audio/video recording devices, outside food and beverages, drugs, drug paraphernalia and other items subject to the discretion of management. If a prohibited item is found, you will be required to secure it elsewhere or dispose of it before entering.
– For age-restricted shows (18+ or 21+), a valid is required for entry.
– Minors may attend an 18+ show with a parent or guardian.
– There is no re-entry into the theater once you have exited.
– For most public shows, recording devices including professional cameras (no interchangeable lenses or digital SLRs), video recorders and audio recording devices may not be brought into the venue.
– Flash photography of any kind is prohibited. Please turn off the flash on your cell phone.
– Please call 773-275-6800 on show days for any inquiries.
– Doors open 1.5 hours before showtime unless otherwise noted.